“have you ever thought about like…the water on this earth is like the same water there always was and always will be……so like in some weird way you have probably drank jesus’ urine.”
- cat sheer, ladies and gentleman
to wrap up august.
bought myself a fancy lunch. read a good book. left a big tip.
the “after” of blueberry lemon cheesecake with poppyseed crust.
“quit it reba this is not for your blog”
set up a good ol date with stephen, got a milkshake as a reward.
lots of car rides
tea date with hans,
and then hiking with hans.
conquering my hatred of the doctor, for my love of tordol.
reba: i like my cookies how i like my relationships…..
hannah: i like them when they’re done.
reba: i like them when they’re not really cooked yet all the way….and i stuff my face with them and burn myself
hannah: and then you get salmonella
reba: i like my cookies how i like my men…
hannah: i like them one after the other after the other after the other
hannah: NO WAIT i like them all together on the cookie sheet when they all melt into each other
After a while you learn the subtle difference
Between holding a hand and chaining a soul,
And you learn that love doesn’t mean leaning
And company doesn’t mean security.
And you begin to learn that kisses aren’t contracts
And presents aren’t promises,
And you begin to accept your defeats
With your head up and your eyes open
With the grace of a woman, not the grief of a child…
So you plant your garden and decorate your own soul,
Instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.
And you learn that you really can endure…
That you really are strong
And you really do have worth…
And you learn and learn…
With every good-bye you learn.
“in a couple days, the weight of all the worries of your soul will lighten up and start to fade away.
and in a couple years from now, the only thing we’ll talk about will be the broken beauty of today.”
things that made me real real happy today:
- new life
- stephen is in town
- i have been deemed “the rebel” by “the vegetarian/o captain my captain,” “the knitter,” and “the cook”
- all of us smoked up on the porch before sleepy couch chats and then bed time.
- i dropped my 8 am.
i am so happy that i live here.
first class with vineyard, then getting snacks from him. i have translated “photographic imaging 1” to mean “indie 101.”
meeting cmrn in the bookstore, then meeting jake in front of lovill and walking with both to central to meet david so they could eat.
appalachian music is going to be my promised land. i got asked if i was in the collection. i got reaffirmed that one of them is indeed a douche bag. i met a new/mutual friend who is the cutest and nicest.
principles of sd, with one of my brother’s ex-girlfriends.
gender, race, class. nonononoononono
appal cart: 1 me: 0
a phone call with carson/one of my best friends in this whole wide world.
jon dehen, bless his heart. the first of many food blessings from him include homemade applesauce, zucchini and a tomato.
also bless man from wal mart parking lot for jumping my car off.
also bless karen and hannah, and cookie schmuts. boy talk. travel talk. kiss talk. joy talk. childhood memories talk. engagement talk. for the record, the only way to eat cookie schmuts is from a big shared tubberware passed around. and the only way to kill spiders is all together while screaming
even though just now, at 12:41 am, i looked at my class schedule for the first time in weeks and realized i have class TOMORROW at 8 am (where i have been thinking for a good while that i have class wednesday at 8am) …. here are good things about tonight. because while im still up, i might as well.
- trevor and stephanie/funsize and i having a small world moment. over the sketchy gas stations in high point, people we all knew, dead eyes, “the scene.”
- “i need my sweet knowledgeable great advice giving best friend, reba.”
- “you may win me over one day, reba.” “we’ll see. haha.” ”i mean…you can only get older right?”
- “i have that song ‘grillz’ from 2005 stuck in my head…” “that’s probably the funniest thing i’ve ever heard you say”
- me looking at will and saying, “it’s 9:59!!” and then both of us at the same time, in the same voice, with the same posture saying, “ONE MINUTE TIL WE CLOSE”
- someone in the drive thru asking “is it possible to get cheese on this burger?” and me responding with “anything is possible if you believe.”
joy. joy joy joy joy down in my heart. here’s to a fresh start. my sophomore year at a real university in the appalachian mountains.